Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ironman coverage on TV

I don't know about you guys but I feel like there is not enough triathlon on TV. There is plenty of football, basketball, and baseball coverage even extreme sports such as snowboarding but it is very very hard to find triathlon events on TV so I was very excited when I heard that NBC was going to show the triathlon championship in Kona on Saturday!

I recorded the event because of course it is not shown at a very convenient time. I watched it and although it was fine I did not feel like they showed enough. It did run for 1 hour 30 minutes but I just don't feel like they showed enough of Chrissie Wellington beating the record or Craig Alexander winning for the second year in a row. Now how much can you show of someone swimming biking and running one might ask, a lot more I would say.

I also like when they show the age groupers and I don't think like they did enough of that this year either, the stories were too brief in my opinion.

I want more triathlon on TV without having to pay extra for a fancy cable channel! It will be interesting to see what sort of coverage triathlon gets once Lance Armstrong gets involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment