Friday, June 10, 2011

Am I ready for Blue Lake

Tomorrow I have a "training" triathlon in preparation for the Rev3 half Ironman. Its the Blue Lake sprint triathlon which I have done many times. It is a lake swim with a flat bike course on somewhat closed roads with a run on a path a nice little race. There has been some flooding this year so the course will be a little different than it has been in the past as they had to move transition to another area because as I witnessed yesterday the transition area looks like a lake!

I think I am ready for this race I should be as fit as I ever have since I have been training for the Rev3. I haven't been able to focus on the race at all this week because almost a week ago my dog got attacked by another dog (8 stitches in 2 different lacerations and a dislocated toes with a fracture but he is going to be ok) so as you can imagine I have been preoccupied with that and spending lots of time nursing him back to health. Maybe this is a good thing, I have not been able to get stressed out or nervous about the race because I am thinking and worrying about my dog. Tomorrow we will see I really hope its a good race.

No comments:

Post a Comment