Monday, June 13, 2011

Blue Lake Done!


On Saturday I participated in the Blue Lake sprint triathlon and the results were good. 7th in age group and 23 overall out of about 200 women. It was an interesting race, I have done this course many times but this time it was really different die to some flooding at Blue Lake.

The start of the triathlon was shifted over so the swim portion was in a different direction that usual and then the transitions, especially the bike transition was really long, a lot longer than usual.

The swim was ok just average I did it in 14:30 I was hoping to do it about a minute faster but I was never able to just get a clear shot during the swim and I was starting to grow pretty frustrated which is not helpful.

Bike was about 39 minutes at an 18.2mph pace I felt good on the bike I think all this training for the Rev3 Half Ironman is helping me. I just need to try and get a little faster. Quite a few people were getting flats, I'm really glad I was not one of them.

The run was the run. I did it in 25:22 I think this is the fastest by a few seconds I have done the run in I did have some trouble breathing though it must be because all the flowers are starting to bloom.

So I finished in 1:24:33 the actual results say a minute longer but for some reason my age group got tacked on an extra minute during the swim I guess they made us start 1 minute early? I'm not sure but my real time was 1:24:33. Anyway less than a month a way from the Rev3.......

1 comment:

  1. It's a good time and now you can only relax for the 70.3 ... let's go :)

    ReplyDelete