Saturday, January 15, 2011

Running in the rain, 10k

Today was a very rainy day, flood type rain not horrible floods but lots of huge puddles. On the menu for todays training was a 10k run. It was rainy but warm about 52 degrees the weatherman called it "tropical" I believe, only in Oregon.....

I tried to not go out too hard, I ran in the low 8s the first mile or so and then slowed down a bit. At the half way point I was at about a 8:40 average. It starting raining harder and harder which I did not know was even possible. When I got to the main street where I usually have to stop for the light I tried stopping my Garmin Forerunner 310xt but it would not beep. I looked at it and yup I had forgotten to charge the battery. Battery dead no Garmin no run info. Since I still had Garmin juice at midway point I am assuming that I did the 10k in the high 8s by the time I got home I was soaked!

No comments:

Post a Comment