Monday, May 8, 2017

2017 Eugene Marathon!

Two weeks ago I completed the Lima, Peru 70.3 Ironman exactly two weeks later I did the Eugene Marathon and it was a push! My body was still recovering from the 70.3 Ironman so I decided to stay with the 4:30 pacer for the whole Marathon. At around mile 19 I started to get a little hungry and had to slow down a little bit but in the end I still came in at 4:42 and I am pretty happy with that especially considering what I had done two weeks prior.
Why would I do the Eugene Marathon after the Peru 70.3 Ironman?! I had already signed up for the Eugene Ironman before I knew about the Peru 70.3 Ironman I figured since I was already signed up I should take on the challenge! Im glad I did it feels great to have finished both big events in a two week period!
This was my third time running in Eugene. It is such a great place to run and it is so fun to finish on the Hayward Field track, running in the footsteps of legends. Now I have to look at my nutrition and adjust that so I don't hit the wall at mile 19 again! here are a ew pictures of the 2017 Eugene Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment