Monday, May 1, 2017

This is me in July 2011. The goal was to complete a Half Ironman and open a restaurant for my 30th birthday and I was able to do both! ​​   That was the first and last time I did the half ironman triathlon distance. I have participated in quite a few sprint and olympic distance triathlons, as well as several half marathons and the Portland Marathon but this was the biggest sporting challenge of my life! Later that year Sadie and I opened Las Primas and participating in sporting events took a back seat for a couple of years. About three years ago I started training for half marathons again. In September Ironman announced the first ever Ironman 70.3 will take place in Lima, Perú! I've decided this is my chance to train hard again and participate in such an important event in my hometown. Follow my journey through this blog. I will be reminiscing about past events, writing about training, diet and my very generous supporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment