Tuesday, May 2, 2017

CERVELO P3 ULTRA BIKE (2015)

AS you may have read earlier I participated (and finished) the Ironman 70.3 Peru in Lima. I was lucky enough to borrow a Cervelo P3 bike and it was amazing! It was the first time I rode a bike that was so fast with ultra components and electronic shifters. The only problem now is that I have to give the bike now and I don't want to!!! For those of you who have not tried electronic shifting before it is truly amazing and so easy to shift. It is especially great on a triathlon bike because you are able to shift both at the end of the aero bars like one usually would but also by the break leavers so it really makes shifting a breeze. One main concern of mine was making sure the shifters were charged but I later learned that there is a way to check the charge and also the bike charges in about an hour and last for at least a week.
The Cervelo P3 that I had the pleasure of riding was a 2015 model I cannot speak for newer models but I would assume that they are just as great. Put some aero rims on that bike and it would be even faster! It is also a really smooth bike, there were a lot of speed bumps and speed stoppers on the Peru Ironman 70.3 course (I hope they do something about this for next year) and I cannot imagine how much more painful it would have been on another bike. As you can see in the above picture there was so much vibration the saddle came a little loose (it is pointed a little upwards) I even lost a water bottle!
Anyway the Cervelo P3 is a great bike and electronic shifters are great as well here are some specs on the bike:
Aero Basebar 3T Aura Pro
Aero Clip-On Bar 3T Aura Pro
Bar End Shifters Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, BSR1
Bottom Bracket Rotor PF-30
Brake Calipers Magura RT6 Hydraulic
Brake Levers Magura RT6
Cassette Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-25
Chain Shimano HG700
Crankset FSA Gossamer BBright, 52/36
Fork All-Carbon, P3
Frame Material Carbon
Front Derailleur Shimano Ultegra 6800
Headset FSA IS2 1 1/8"
Pedals Not Included
Rear Derailleur Shimano Ultegra 6800
Saddle ISM Prologue
Seatpost Cervelo Carbon, Aero, Rail-Adjust
Stem 3T ARX Pro
Tires Mavic Yksion Comp 700x23c, Continental Grand Prix 650x23c (On The 45cm)
Wheel - Front Mavic Cosmic Elite S, Vision Team 30 (On The 45cm)
Wheel - Rear Mavic Cosmic Elite S, Vision Team 30 (On The 45cm)

No comments:

Post a Comment