Monday, May 1, 2017

Vancouver Rock n Roll half marathon!

A couple of weeks ago I participated in the Rock'N'Roll Vancouver, Canada Half Marathon and it was a ton of fun! It was my first time going to Vancouver so I was really excited to see the city by running 13.1 miles. I trained really hard for this race by doing lots of long runs and speed work and although I did not PR my time has improved greatly over the past few years. ​​ ​​   I like to analyze my race as most athletes though and my main problem was that I started off way too fast. I realized it about two miles in and was able to adjust my pace but some of the damage had already been done and come mile 10 I started to feel tired and had to slow down a bit. My nutrition was great and my body felt great throughout. My final time for 13.1 was 1:56:29. Overall 1104/5272, Division 72/489 Gender 379/3232. As I said overall a good result just went out a little too fast early in the race. My first mile was 7:40 minute mile and the second mile was 8:06. Here ore some post race pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment