Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Run Run Run

As I said before now that triathlon season is over I am focusing on running in order to achieve my goal of running my first marathon, the Portland Marathon on October 10 2010. I have never really been a runner, I would just run my 5ks and 10ks for triathlons and leave it at that but slowly over the last couple of years I thought it would be a good idea to do some half marathons and a marathon, I am not sure what I was thinking.....

On Sunday as part of my Portland Marathon training I ran 16 miles at a 9:39 pace which in theory is about a minute slower than my race pace if I wan't to complete my time goal for the Portland Marathon. I am not going to lie I feel like it went well but it was also PAINFUL! Tomorrow I have to run an 8 mile tempo run and on Saturday I have to run 20 miles, my last "long" distance before the marathon in a few weeks.

I have started to come to the realization that I probably will not be able to complete the marathon in my time goal, I am not being negative just realistic, I am not sure I can maintain that sort of pace for 26.2 miles. Under no circumstance do I want to be disappointed when I cross the finish line as that is a huge accomplishment so I am really trying to not worry about the time. Anyway training for a marathon is HARD! I knew it would be and I am looking forward to just doing the marathon.

1 comment:

  1. I lost your blog info for a long time, have searched everywhere then today discovered you are a friend on Facebook!! Good luck on the Portland Marathon; I will be in France that day so I'll be sending you good thoughts and energy. Denise
    PS: Thanks for the shirt, love it.

    ReplyDelete