Wednesday, April 27, 2011

50 mile bike ride FAIL!

On today's training schedule was a 50 mile bike ride. Riding 50 miles is hard for me, very hard, in fact I have only done it twice. I set out this morning at 7am to just get it done. I brought all my nutrition with me and left with a positive attitude. I started riding it was a bit windy but just kept going and going. At 20 miles I was feeling fine and was feeling like I was going to be able to do it but slowly my energy started to go down. Then at mile 34 my legs started to cramp up I tried ridding it off but the pain was just getting worse and I started to loose my will. At that point I was 4 miles away from the house so I decided to throw in the towel and just ride home.

I am very disappointed. The Rev3 Half Ironman is only about 2 months out and I am starting to worry that I am not going to be able to finish it. I am very disappointed but I know everyone has bad days I will hope the next ride goes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment