Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trail runing or road runing


A few years ago when I started to run and just to be fit in general I started off by running on the track. As my fitness improved and I was able to run more than 8 laps I thought I would venture out and run on the road and sidewalk. My fitness improved and whenever I ran past parks I would always see people running on the trails and I also heard people telling me that running on the trails is better for the body.

One day I decided to go to the local dog park so that my dog could get his exercise will I could get my triathlon training in, this is going to be a great time saver I thought. I put my dog on a leash and headed out the door he is going to love this! I thought to myself. The park is about 4 blocks away so we jogged there that is when I discovered that my dog does NOT like to run on a leash he drags behind me. Now some people may think that its because I am going to fast for him but no, that is not the case because when we turn around to come home he wants to run in front of me and pull on me.

Anyway we made it to the park I let him off the leash all of the sudden he doesn't mind running but what I discovered was that I don't like running on grass on trails, I just feel like I can't get a good pace going. Since then my dog and I have done the same routine I drag him to the park, let him off he runs around like a lunatic while I think about how I don't like running in the park and then we struggle with each other and the leash to come home.

I had decided this is no fun for everyone and tried it again this morning because I just had to jog for 30 minutes, it was fine he actually cooperated on the way to the park, I did not love running on the trail but was fine with it and when we headed home he just ran next to me! Maybe this will workout somehow in the end!?

No comments:

Post a Comment