Monday, May 23, 2011

Long Week

It has been a long week of training since my last post. I have biked 96 miles, swam 2,250 yards, and run 23 miles. My legs and I am tired. The Rev3 half Ironman is about a month and a half away and although I feel fitter I am still worried about being able to complete the very challenging course in the heat.

I am getting better at enduring the bike rides. This weeks long ride was 50 miles and I did it a little faster than I had been doing the long rides just over 15 miles per hour. I would still like to be faster but I guess I cant have everything.

The long runs also seem "easier" about 11 miles every weekend for the long run, its funny the long runs seem to go faster and feel better that the 60 minute Monday runs I have not figured out why this is though.

And the swimming..... well I guess I'm just lucky enough to be a descent swimmer so I am not having as much of a hard time with that.

So there it is, I will keep training for the Rev3 on July 10 and hope that it all goes well. In a couple of weeks I will be doing a Sprint, the Blue Lake Sprint to practice my transitions and see how my fitness is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment