Friday, July 16, 2010

Busy Triathlon Summer

It seems like every time summer comes along I get really really busy between training for triathlon races, running races, participating in the races and just doing summer like things. Last week seemed like a very hectic week. There was a heat wave in Portland so the temperature was in the high 90s, I know not that high compared to other places but for us, really high. Then on Saturday I raced the Hagg Lake sprint triathlon (results in a previous post).

The days are finally cooler so I can go back to my normal training. It just all seems so hectic though the Tour de Cure is 2 weeks away and the day after the Tour de Cure I am doing the Amica Sprint Triathlon at Blue Lake! Meanwhile I am training for the Eugene women's half marathon and the Portland Marathon! I am exhausted just writing about this!

I love summer and I love staying active it just seems like there is always so much going on it makes summer go by really fast. On the triathlon training menu for today, ride to the pool and get some laps in, I hope its not too crowded. Tomorrow 13 mile run!

2 comments:

  1. I'm only in training for Sprint Tri's but I seem to be as busy as you are. I have horses to ride and work once in a while too, lol.
    I have been totalkly insppired by your blog, love it.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Denise, you are very kind! I would love to know you sprint results.

    ReplyDelete