Sunday, December 12, 2010

REV3 Half Ironman Portland

Its official there is going to be a Half Ironman race in Portland put on by REV3. I had been planing on doing my first half Ironman triathlon in 2011 but the closet one was about a 4 hour drive away so thank you REV3 for this wonderful gift.

I have found a training plan that I will use I really do not know what to expect but I am thinking it will take me about 6.5 to 7 hours I am not sure how long the course is open for. I looked at the bike map and it looks like it is going to be a pretty challenging course with a fair amount of hills. The bike portion is making me a bit nervous as I do not feel like my bike is up to par, time to start practicing!

As of now my training is focusing on the 2011 Beaver Freezer and the Eugene Half Marathon but my official start date for the 70.3 starts on February 26! This is exciting I hope I am able to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment