Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'm back home!


After a great time visiting my family in Illinois I am back in Oregon and back on my bike. While I was in the Midwest I was only able to run and do core and strength exercises so now I am able to get back in the pool and back on the bike for nice well rounded triathlon training.

On the triathlon training menu for today was a 35 minute run and a 45 minute ride. I went on my run at about 6am and it was 14 degrees!!! Very cold colder than in Illinois. Five minutes into the run the cold had penetrated my tights and my skin was in pain but I powered through it. When I got back home there were little bits of ice on my hat!

It is not usually this cold where I live so I don't have the right bike gear for this temperature so I did my ride on the rollers. Workout went well now I am really hungry and have to go to work after a long weekend of family fun.

The weather channel says it will be really cold in Oregon for the next few days I hope I can cope!

1 comment:

  1. a little cold will build character for when you are home in the balmy temps! have fun!

    ReplyDelete