Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Run and Bike with new toy!

I woke up in the pitch black today to get in my workout for the day, it called for a 35 minute run and a one hour bike ride. I put on all my gear to go on my run I could tell it was going to be a cold one. I put on my Garmin Forerunner heart rate monitor and started my run. I had a good heart rate and it was incredible how easy it is to see the screen on the Garmin Forerunner 310xt even though it was so dark. I know it has a back light but I just want to glance at the watch and see my stats and that was no problem at all.

Then it was time to change all my gear and head out on a very very cold chilly ride in the darkness. I wanted to use my heart rate monitor for this which I had not done before so I was a little unsure as how to do it but I was able to figure it out pretty easily and again it was easy to glance at the screen.

Another thing that I have discovered is that the heart rate monitor strap is not obtrusive at all. I thought it was going to bother me as I had never used one before but I can't even feel it! Love my new toy! I can't wait for triathlon season to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment