Sunday, March 20, 2011

REV3 Half Ironman training 3 weeks in

I have officially been following the Half Ironman training program for three weeks now and it has been hard. I has been manageable but it has been hard but then again I am training for a half Ironman so what do I expect.

This is what this weeks workouts looked like:
Mon: 40 minute run and 40 minutes of strength training (I did the 8k Shamrock run the day before)
Tues: 1250 yard swim and 20 mile ride
Wed: Track work equivalent of 4 miles (it was a low track work day)
Thurs: 1500 yard swim and 25 mile ride
Fri: 7 mile run
Sat: 30 mile bike ride

So I still have to increase all the distances and the bike riding is really getting to me, its hard to find places to go and ride so many miles. Also with all the rain and wind it makes it a little hard for me to want to ride but I am hoping the weather is going to change soon.

Also this week I swam 500 yards in 7 min 30 seconds so I am hoping that I will be able to do the same at the Beaver Freezer triathlon which is only 2 weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment