Monday, March 29, 2010

Distance Runner?

The weirdest thing is happening to me, it started about a month ago when I had the best 8 mile run of my life, longer runs are becoming "easier". Now don't get me wrong it is still hard work everything is hard work and determination and motivation but I just seem to be enjoying and getting more out of runs that are 50 minutes or longer.

Today I ran for 1 hour 30 minutes. It was POURING rain and there were gusts of wind up to 40 miles per hour. I ended up going a distance of 9.7 miles jumping over puddles and tree limbs that the wind had brought down. It was hard work but it was enjoyable and I feel I great sense of accomplishment. I have about 1 month and one week before the Hippie Chick half marathon I hope I do well!

No comments:

Post a Comment