Monday, March 22, 2010

Eugene Women's Half Marathon

I have never competed in a Marathon but I signed up for the Portland Marathon which takes place on October 10, 2010. I am really stressing out about running that distance so what I have done to reduce my stress levels is sign up for two half marathons before the marathon. Does this make sense? I am not sure.

First I signed up for the all women's Hippie Chick half marathon which will take place on May 8th, 2010. I did this race last year and I liked it a lot so I figured why not do it again this year to help me get fit for the Portland Marathon. Then I started thinking well thats months away! Now what! Like a sign in the mail I received a pamphlet for the Eugene Women's Half marathon. Should I sign up I thought?

I decided to look at my training plan for the marathon and the weekend on September 5th it wanted me to run 13 miles! It was a sign for sure so I signed up! So now this year I will be participating in 4 triathlons, 2 half marathons, 1 marathon, and the Tour de Cure ride for Diabetes! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment