Thursday, January 7, 2010

Heart Rate and Pace Problems

On a previous post I wrote about how I am having trouble maintaining the heart rate and pace set by my coach Larissa Herold and Personal Best Multisport Coaching. I decided that today I was going to be able to do it, I was going to focus on my pace and if I got the pace right then I would be able to bring my heart rate down to where it should be.

No such luck. My first mile the pace was a few seconds too fast but my heart rate was right about where I wanted it to be. Then my pace evened out a little but my heart rate was about 6 beats per minute too fast. I tried to slow down a little but its almost like I can't slow down anymore, I don't get it.

My pace should be between 9:30 and 10:00 my average is 9:31 and I was trying really really hard to go slower. I have to go for a run again on Saturday after I have been on the bike so maybe that will help slow me down?

No comments:

Post a Comment