Monday, January 4, 2010

My 35 minute run has become a 45 minute run


For the whole month of December I ran everyday for 35 minutes. It was part of the training that my coach Larissa gave me in order to improve my run durability. It was hard to run everyday especially since I really am not the type of person who enjoys running very much but I did it and felt good about it.

In December I was instructed to maintain a certain pace and heart rate I was using my ipod and the Nike chip so the readings were not as accurate as they are now that I have my Garmin Forerunner 310xt. So turns out that I had been going a little too fast and my heart rate had been to high. So even though I did all my workouts I was not doing them "right".

So now that it is a new month I have 45 minute runs a few times a week. I also need to maintain a certain pace and heart rate. My Pace should be 9:30 and my heart rate 140. Today I ran I was able to maintain the pace (which is a miracle I usually go too fast) but my heart rate was between 143 and 150 I don't understand why I can't get my heart rate down! Anyway I am glad I am running a few times a week instead of everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment