Monday, January 25, 2010

Running with smog

I am currently in a very very big city so what this means is that there is a lot of smog. On the triathlon training program for today was to run for 40 minutes and maintain pace and then do 35 minutes of strength training. I went out for my run and it was humid and I could just feel the smog coming into my lungs. I tried to maintain my pace and I did but I could feel that my heart rate was a little higher than it usually is. I was also having some trouble breathing it seemed faster than it should at that pace.

Anyway I finished my 40 minute run at a good pace but was breathing heavier than usual and my average heart rate was at about 15 beats per minute faster than it should be. I guess its the humidity and the smog. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment