Saturday, January 9, 2010

I got a flat!

I got up this morning ready for my 1 hour ride. It was cold and there was some wind but it was dry so I was feeling positive. I put on all my gear which in itself is a workout I think it takes about fifteen minutes to put it all on! I started my ride and my hands were kind of cold, the wind was stronger than I had anticipated but it was all going well. I had just finished my fifteen minute warm up when I hears tssssssss. Oh no! I thought.

As a cyclist one of the worries I have is getting a flat, I know how to change a flat but it is such a hassle. I pulled over to the side of the road flipped my bike over took the wheel out and started to try and change the flat. For the life of me I could not get the tire off of my wheel. I tried the levers over and over and I could just not get the tire to even budge. My hands were really cold which did not really help and I have decided I must have the tightest tires ever as I could not even get the lever under them.

After minutes of being cold with no progress I decided to call my roomate and ask her to please come and get me. Being the good roomate that she is she came to get me. Unfortunately my triathlon workout for today did not go well at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment