Monday, April 5, 2010

2010 Beaver Freezer Video and Review

I have had some time to think about the 2010 Beaver Freezer triathlon what I can do better what I liked and disliked about the race and here it is.

Heat waves for the pool are assigned based on a time that you give the race organizers for a 500 yard swim. Unfortunately the other two women in the pool had said that they were faster than they actually were I caught up with them after one lap and we all lost precious seconds because of it. This is not the first time this has happened and I just wish that people would be more accurate when they give their time.

My transitions were a little long because I put on socks, a jacket, and gloves but I am glad I did that it was just so cold.

About the race itself it was well organized and the volunteers were all in the right spots. This years race had a different course, all the women started in a pool that was double the distance away from transition as the men. This was a little annoying although I understand it was because they doubled the race capacity.. Also the race results took about an hour to get posted I felt like this was too long. In the past this has happened a lot sooner.

All in all a great year and will continue to participate in it here is a very home made video of the day. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment