Friday, April 16, 2010

Riding to the Tour de Cure in Spring!

Yesterday I went to my monthly Tour de Cure Ride For Diabetes meeting in Sellwood. Its about a 11 mile ride to and from the meeting so about a 22 mile ride total with a big break in the middle. The weather was wonderful and the Springwater Corridor and Esplanade were packed with cyclists, walkers and runners spring was in the air! The preparation for the diabetes ride is going well and we seem to be on track and meeting our goals which is excellent news.

One of the goals we talked about last night was to try and at least one person registered for our teams or just for the diabetes ride in general. I feel like I have not been able to meet my goals this year, I am reaching out to everyone I know I am not getting a great response. I am not getting enough donation or people to sign up for my Team Tony's Riders.

The ride takes place on July 31, 2010 and will start and finish in the Hillsboro stadium just outside of Portland, Oregon. There are many distances available to ride ranging from 10 to 100 miles. So please please join my team or just give me a donation any amount would help! Click on Tour de Cure Portland, Oregon below to link to my donation and team page.

No comments:

Post a Comment