Saturday, April 10, 2010

Volunteering for the Tour de Cure, Portland

Today I went to the Portland Bike Show and Expo to volunteer at the Tour de Cure booth. The idea was to try and recruit some bike lovers to sign up for the Tour de Cure which will be happening on July 31 at the Hillsboro Stadium in Oregon.

I feel like it went well. Some people were not aware that this ride existed so I am glad that at least now they know about the Tour de Cure. I was able to get some people who have been diagnosed with diabetes or have friends or family with diabetes to become interested in participating in the ride or being a volunteer for the ride.

So a very successful day! Again if you live in the Portland area think about signing up for the Tour de Cure on July 31, 2010. Also if you are interested in joining my team Tony's riders or supporting me with a donation click here.

Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment