Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Morning Bike Ride: Riding on Rollers

As all triathletes know one of the hard but fun things about triathlon is that one must train for three sports, swimming, cycling, and running. Today was a day that required cycling, 1h 15min of cycling as dictated by my coach Larissa at Personal Best: Multisport Coaching. I had to do this ride at 7am which allows me to sleep in but it is still pitch black at that time and I really prefer to not be on the road in he dark with the morning traffic.

Last night I decided that I was going to be brave and extra careful and just ride in the morning but when I woke up and could not see a ting and felt the wind I decided to just do my bike workout on my rollers. I don't know about you guys but I find rollers to be rather boring and to stay on them for 1h 15 minutes is really harder than the workout itself.

I did it anyway, I almost fell off one as I was daydreaming while watching the Today Show. I tried to drink my sodium drink but only had half of what I should because I need to stop to drink. Overall though a decent workout I am happy the time is changing to help with the morning darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment